Smith & Nephew Acticoat Flex 3 Antimicrobial Silver Dressing
BOX of 12
Smith & Nephew Acticoat Flex 3 Antimicrobial Silver Dressing - 3 days
Acticoat Flex is an effective antimicrobial barrier dressing consisting of a single layer of knitted polyester and coated in nanocrystalline silver.
Acticoat Flex 3 is designed to conform to the body‚Äôs contours to help you take control against infection in chronic wounds.
|Effective for up
to 3 days
Use in combination with
The Acticoat Flex 3 dressings consist of a flexible low adherent polyester layer coated with our patented silver technology. Acticoat Flex 3 is highly conformable dressings that follow the body‚Äôs contours to maintain contact with the wound surface.
The dressings are low adherent, which helps minimise wound trauma at dressing changes. The antimicrobial barrier properties of Acticoat Flex 3 remain effective for a minimum of 3 days.
Contraindications / Precautions:
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver
- Do not use on a patient undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination
- Prior to administering radiation therapy, remove Acticoat Flex. A new dressing can be applied following treatment.
- Acticoat Flex is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- For external use only, for example do not apply the dressing to exposed organs.
- Acticoat Flex should only be used on premature infants (less than 37 weeks gestation) when the clinical benefit outweighs the potential risks.
- Acticoat Flex is not intended to provide sole treatment for infected wounds.
- Acticoat Flex may be used on infected wounds which are being managed per local clinical protocol