Smith & Nephew Acticoat Antimicrobial Silver Dressing
BOX of 12
Smith & Nephew Acticoat Antimicrobial Silver Dressing - 3 Day
3 Day Antimicrobial Barrier Dressing with Nanocrystalline Silver
Acticoat (with Nanocrystalline Silver) dressing is an effective antimicrobial barrier dressing. The Nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes and is effective for up to 3 days
Harmful bacteria can delay wound healing by releasing toxins that damage tissue and by increasing moisture (exudate) levels in the wound. Antimicrobials such as cadexomer iodine products and silver dressings can help reduce the number of bacteria in a wound to reduce the risk of infection and inflammation and speed up healing time.
- Nanocrystalline Silver Antimicrobial barrier
- Fast acting
- Effective for up to 3 days
- Effective barrier to over 150 pathogens
- Helps prevent infection
- Reduces risk of colonisation
- Effective barrier to bacterial penetration
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment
- Easy to use
- Low adherent.
Contraindications / Precautions:
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
- Do not use on patients undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination.
- For external use only
- Acticoat is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- Acticoat may cause transient discolouration of the surrounding skin.
- Avoid exposure to temperatures above 50 degrees Celsius.
- Protect from light.
- Do not use if product colour is not uniform.