Smith & Nephew Acticoat 7 Antimicrobial Silver Dressing
BOX of 5
Smith & Nephew Acticoat 7 Antimicrobial Silver Dressing - 7 Day
7 Day Antimicrobial Barrier Dressing with Nanocrystalline Silver
The Nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes and is effective for up to 7 days. Acticoat 7 dressing consists of five layers: two layers of an absorbent inner core and three layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. Nanocrystalline silver protects the wound site from bacterial contamination while the inner core helps maintain the moist environment optimal for wound healing.
Features & Benefits:
- Nanocrystalline Silver Antimicrobial barrier
- Fast acting
- Long lasting antimicrobial barrier
- Effective for up to 7 days
- Effective barrier to over 150 pathogens
- Helps prevent infection
- Reduces risk of colonisation
- Effective barrier to bacterial penetration
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment
- Easy to use
- Low adherent
- Broad spectrum
Contraindications / Precautions:
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
- Do not use on patients undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination.
- For external use only
- Acticoat 7 is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- Acticoat 7 may cause transient discolouration of the surrounding skin.
- Avoid exposure to temperatures above 50 degrees centigrade. Protect from light
- Do not use if product colour is not uniform.